Implementation and adoption of health care information technology (IT) can be challenging. But automation offers tremendous measurable benefits toward improved patient care and enhanced workflow processes. The successes of Cerner clients are testament to this. In light of such achievements, Cerner created the Advancing Clinical Excellence Awards (ACE) to honor clients that have effectively delivered quality solutions.
ACE Awards recognize Cerner clients that have demonstrated excellence in obtaining measureable benefits in the following four categories:
- Best Demonstration of Patient Centered Quality/Benefit/Outcome - Measureable benefits patients receive through the client’s use of the Cerner system. Benefits may include higher levels of quality care or a reduction in costs or cycle time associated with providing patient care in an acute or ambulatory setting.
- Best Demonstration of Workflow Design Improvement for Physicians - Measureable workflow efficiencies achieved by physicians who use the Cerner system
- Best Demonstration of Workflow Design Improvement for Nurses - Measureable workflow efficiencies achieved by nurses who use the Cerner system
- Best Demonstration of Workflow Design Improvement for Departmental Staff (Rad techs, Med techs, Respiratory, Physical, Scheduler, Admitting, etc.) - Measureable workflow efficiencies achieved by departmental staff who use the Cerner system
Note: Hospitals may compete in more than one category. Entrants must complete a nomination form for each category entered.
- Read and understand the award categories for which you qualify
- Download nominations form(s)
- Complete form(s), including as much detail as possible in your submission; providing supporting documents
- As this is the inaugural year for the ACE awards, submissions will be accepted for improvements realized since implementing Cerner Millennium.
- Email completed form(s) with supporting files to Dina Tewfik with subject line NOMINATION: Name of the award
After the closing date for submissions all nominations will be collected and reviewed by Cerner Leadership. Judges will base their decisions on the strength of submissions together with a review of the nominee’s activities.
Three winners will be short-listed for each award.
First place winners will receive:
- $2,000 donation to a fundraising campaign of your choice for your hospital
- Crystal Award
- Present success story at RUG
- Featured in press release announcing the winners
- Earn a yearlong joint marketing campaign with Cerner at Cerner’s cost.
Second-place winners will receive:
- $1,000 donation to a fundraising campaign of your choice for your hospital
Third-place winners will receive:
- $500 donation to a fundraising campaign of your choice for your hospital
- July 30, 2012: Open application submission
- Mar. 29, 2013: Close of application submissions (*extended deadline)
- April 8, 2013: Screening Jury
- May 29, 2013: Shortlist winners
- June 2013: Final results announced at RUG event
*Timelines are subject to change based on circumstances.
Download the submission form now to start the nomination process.